With Chests Anywhere Mod, you can access your chests from anywhere by pressing B. Transfer items without having to run around, from the comfort of your bed to the deepest mine level.
UPDATED for Stardew Valley 1.1 on Linux, Mac, and Windows
- Access your chests
- Press B to open the menu.
Edit chests by clicking the edit icon after opening a chest (see example). This will show a form where you can:
- Set the chest name;
- Set a category (which defaults to its location);
- Set the sort order in the chest list;
- Or hide the chest from the chest list.
Pointing at a chest in the world to see its name in a tooltip.
This will show the chests on your farm and in your buildings. You can click the top-right menu to change location, and the top-left menu to change chest.
You can also navigate between chests using the arrow keys.
Sort chests: Your chests are sorted alphabetically by default. Want a different order? Just add a number between pipes (like |1|) somewhere in the chest name
The chests will be sorted by that number, then alphabetically. Chests with a specific order will appear before those without. (The number won’t be shown on the list.)
Hide chests: Hide a chest by adding |ignore| to its name.
The mod will work fine out of the box, but you can tweak its settings by editing the config.json file if you want. These are the available settings:
- Keyboard: Set keyboard bindings. The default values are B to toggle the chest UI, Left/Right to switch chests, and Up/Down to switch category. (See valid keys.)
- Controller: Set controller bindings. The shoulder buttons are used to navigate chests when the menu is open, but there’s no toggle by default. The toggle button can be used from the inventory screen. (See valid buttons.)
- CheckForUpdates: Default true. Whether the mod should check for a newer version when you load the game. If a new version is available, you’ll see a small message at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds. This doesn’t affect the load time even if your connection is offline or slow because it happens in the background.
- Install SMAPI.
- Install Chest Label System to name your chests. (Recommended but not required.)
- Unzip the mod folder into Stardew Valley/Mods.
- Run the game using SMAPI.
Chests-Anywhere-Mod.zip (222 downloads) For SDV 1.0
Submit your review